Metallix - Metallic Epoxy Floor Coating Kit
.75 Gallon (75-100+ sq/ft)
1.5 Gallon (175+ sq/ft)
3 Gallon (400+ sq/ft)
• Gold Lion Metallix
Space Oddity Metallix
Throwing Copper Metallix
Obsidian Silver Metallix
Autumn Blush Metallix
Dark Secret Metallix
Lantern Glow Metallix
Angel Wings Metallix
What is Metallix 100% Solids Epoxy Floor Coating?
Metallix floor coating is a 100% solids, two component epoxy. It is a special formulated epoxy with a metallic pigment. It is roller or squeegee applied to your floor. This coating requires a primer coat, metallic 100% solids basecoat, an optional UV resistant urethane or 100% Solids clearcoat.
The finished look is a smooth, glass like finsh that has a unique and subtle sparkle. No two floors will ever look the same. There are endless creative techniques that can be used to create a style that you can call your own.
• 1 Gallon Of Etch N' Clean Solution - Contaminant Cleaner & Concrete Profiler
• 1 gallon Of Norklad WB Primer - Primer Coat
• .75 Gallon Of Metallix - Basecoat
• 1 Pair Spike Shoes
• 1 Loop Roller
• 2 3/8" Nap Roller
EXTRA OPTIONAL PRODUCTS:
• .75 Gallon Kit Of HPU Urethane -Clear Top Coat (For UV Resistance / Exterior)
•.75 Gallon Of Norklad 100 - Clear Top Coat (Interior & Not UV Resistant)
SPECIAL EFFECTS & APPLICATION TOOLS YOU WILL NEED:
• MEK or Methyl Ethyl Ketone Solvent ( For Crater-Like Effects)
• Straight Squeegee (For thicker mil Metallix Application - 100 to 150 sq/ft per kit application))
• 3/8" nap Roller or Loop Roller (for 200 - 250 sq/ft per kit application)
• Spike Shoes (For Ability To Walk Over Wet Coating To Apply Coating evenly & Effects)
• Leaf Blower (for blowing the MEK around for additional)
* MEK IS A NON-SHIPPABLE PRODUCT. PLEASE PURCHASE AT YOUR LOCAL HARDWARE STORE. A 1 QT CONTAINER SHOULD BE ENOUGH FOR 250 SQ/FT*
NOTE: 250 sq/ft coverage is based on using a roller and being applied at 10-15 mils thick. By using a squeegee, you will achieve 75-150 sq/ft with a 50-60 mil thickness.
CAUTION: Rolling this product out at any mil thickness will leave slight roller marks. Using the MEK effect will hide these marks and is the suggested and preferred application method. However, if you plan on doing a straight color coat with no effect (crater-like swirls), the recommended application is to squeegee and backroll. Using a serrated squeegee (applies at 10mil thick) and backrolling using a 3/8” nap roller at 75-100 sq/ft a gallon will reduce the likelihood of roller marks. A thicker mil thickness at the aforementioned rate allows the Metallix to self-level and disperse evenly. Due to how the metallic pigments settle, there is still a chance of having roller marks. A Loop roller will also assist in reducing roller marks.